Registration is now open for the 2021 Auditions and Evaluations for students of any level or age.
An important part of every harpist’s journey, these evaluations are held to help participants improve their playing and musicianship. Participants gain experience from playing for and listening to others while receiving feedback from a highly respected musician.
We are pleased to share that this year’s advisor is the outstanding Ann Yeung, who is known for her ability to foster individual creative artistry in her students and is recognized for her multi-faceted career and creativity as one of the leading harpists and teachers of her generation. She is Professor of Music and Area Chair of Strings at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, where she has received honors in leadership, teaching and service.
This program is scheduled with two dates. On Sunday Oct. 3, 2021, participants will perform two pieces of their choice (total time must be under 10 minutes). They will receive written and verbal feedback at that time.
On Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021, participants will again perform the same pieces with the hope of demonstrating improvement to our guest advisor and other program participants. This day is open for all participants to watch. Each participant will receive additional feedback and comments the second day.
Everyone who participates in both evaluations will receive a Certificate of Participation from the American Harp Society.
Registration (deadline: Sept 20)
To register for Auditions and Evaluations:
- Participants must be members of the GCCAHS. Become a member here: https://greaterchicagoahs.org/become-a-member/
- Fill out this registration form to participate in A&E: https://forms.gle/MeXJS2acumsN7uzDA
- Pay a $40 fee registration fee payable via PayPal or by check in the mail (email email@example.com for address).
- Deadline to register is Sept 20.
- A schedule will be emailed from GCCAHS by Sept 26.